Strength Of Material (Civil Engineering)
The Course outcome is as follows: The Learner will be capable to
- Compute different type of stresses in determinate, indeterminate, homogeneous and composite structures.
- Develop bending and shear stress diagram.
- Determine the torsional stresses and stresses due to strain energy for different loading conditions.
- Explain the concept of principal stresses due to combined loading and able to compare the values of analytical and graphical (Mohr’s circle) method.
- Plot loading diagram, Shear Force Diagram (SFD) and Bending Moment Diagram (BMD).
- Analyze axially and eccentrically loaded column
The Course objective is as follows:
- To study the different types of stresses due to load, temperature, etc.
- To learn the concept of Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagram for determinate beams.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 31
- Assessments Yes