Heat Transfer (Mechanical Engineering)
The Learner will be capable to:
- Interpret the several modes of heat transfer and perform the basic heat conduction equations for a steady one-dimensional thermal system.
- Execute the general heat conduction equation to thermal systems with and without internal heat generation and transient heat conduction.
- Examine the heat transfer rate in natural and forced convection and estimate through experimentation investigation.
- Render heat transfer by radiation between objects with simple geometries.
Interpret the heat transfer equipment and investigate the performance.
The course objective is:
- Recognize the essential modes of heat transfer and their applications.
- Form and apply the generalized three-dimensional heat conduction equations.
- Examine the thermal systems with internal heat generation and lumped heat capacitance.
- Learn the mechanism of convective heat transfer.
- Discover the radiative heat transfer between surfaces.
- Explain the various two-phase heat transfer phenomenon.
- Perform the effectiveness and rating of heat exchangers.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 29
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty