Estimating and Costing (Civil)
In the case of long-term planning, the prospective cost of the construction project is required for the plan of the budget.Costing and Estimating determines the prospective costs of the construction project following the plans and specifications for various items of works. Quality of material, type of labour, equipment, tools, transport cost affects the rates of an item of the work. The rates of the completed item of the work vary from place to place. However, the student will be capable of learning the quantities and cost with reasonable accuracy and in accordance with the standards as per IS: 1200.The topic on the approximate estimate is useful for calculating the approximate cost of the building/ roads etc. which is further useful for the making budget provisions in the planned works.
The information on a detailed estimate based on measurements and the rate of a completed item of work is useful in finding comparatively actual costs of each item of work and total cost of the buildings/ roads/structures etc. which is useful for preparation of tender documents and thereafter for the execution of the work.The rate analysis of an item of work shall help in finding out the rate per unit on the basis of material cost, labor cost, contractors profit, and other probable miscellaneous expenditure required for the completed item of the work for the actual execution of the works as per lead and lift.
The Course objective is as follows:
- Understand units and modes of measurements of various items of work.
- Know the method of preparation of approximate estimates of various civil engineering works.
- Apply knowledge of preparation of check list of items of construction, rate analysis for preparation of detailed estimate of various civil engineering works.
- Understand the preparation of bill of quantities by taking measurements of completed item of work and rate of the item.
- Apply computer software’s to prepare estimate of building works
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes