Engineering Mathematics-3 (Civil Engineering)
- Solve higher order linear differential equations and applications to civil engineering problems such as bending of beams and whirling of shafts.
- Answer a system of linear equations using the best and iterative and direct mathematical techniques and develop solutions to ordinary differential equations using single step and multistep methods applied to structural systems.
- Implement statistical techniques like correlation, regression analysis in analyzing and interpreting experimental data and probability theory applied to construction management.
- Perform vector differentiation and integration, analyze the vector fields and apply to fluid flow problems.
- Solve various partial differential equations such as the wave equation, one and two-dimensional heat flow equations.
On completion of the course, students will have adequate background, conceptual clarity, and knowledge of mathematical principles related to:
- Ordinary and Partial differential equations applied to the structural analysis and fluid dynamics in civil engineering.
- Numerical methods for analyzing problems in hydraulics, geotechnics, and structures in civil engineering.
- Statistical methods such as regression analysis, correlation, and probability theory for experimental data to quantify risk and safety in their designs.
- Vector differentiation and integration applied to problems in fluid mechanics.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty